We love spring! The birds are chirping, the days are sunnier, and buds begin blooming – but flowers aren’t the only thing making an appearance after a long winter. We love spring because that also means Vanilla Piroulines are back for a limited time!
Dark chocolate and chocolate hazelnut are our two year-round flavors, and once a year we produce a limited batch of vanilla, strawberry, and pumpkin spice Piroulines. Each of these limited flavors have a cult following, so make sure you snag a tin while you can.
To celebrate our vanilla rolled wafers, here are a few facts you probably didn’t know about vanilla:
- Vanilla vines can grow anywhere from 30 to 50 feet! That is a lot of vanilla.
- The United States consumes more vanilla than any other country, with France consuming the second most.
- Vanilla originally was named from the Spanish term, meaning “little pod.”
- Spiders don’t like vanilla. Use whole vanilla beans if you want to keep all 8-legged creatures away.
- Vanilla has to grow in a climate that maintains a temperature of 75 – 85 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. It gets hot in our hometown of Madison, Mississippi, but not that hot!
Spot a Swirl
Vanilla Piroulines have been a hit since we started baking them. We love offering this sweet version of Piroulines every year. This year, you may notice these rolled wafers in a different tin! We have slowly started to roll out a new look for our flavors, beginning with vanilla and strawberry. The updated tin features our signature swirl in bright blue and white but contains the same beloved vanilla Piroulines as always.